The FAIR COPS Ordinance would immediately increase police accountability by establishing an Office of Police Auditor to independently monitor patterns of police misconduct, ensure that officers are investigated and held accountable for their actions, and make policy changes that provide meaningful systemic reform. As people of faith, we are called upon to demand justice now.
Update: The Chicago City Council is scheduled to vote on the Mayor's ordinance on Thursday, September 29, 2016. CRS does not endorse the Mayor's ordinance.
- Stay informed on police accountability
- Email Mayor Emanuel and your alderman and tell them we need FAIR COPS
- Canvass in support of FAIR COPS
- Let us know if your organization endorses FAIR COPS
- Attend a Town Hall to voice your concerns about FAIR COPS
- Report: Who Watches the Watchmen?
- Fact Sheet FAIR COPS Ordinance
- Fact Sheet FAIR COPS Ordinance (in Spanish)
- Video, Welcome to Freedom Square
- Database, Settling for Misconduct
- Infographic, Police Oversight Proposals (The Chicago Reporter)
- Blogs, Police Accountability
Key Issue: Police Accountability