What is #Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is a global day for giving back in response to “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday.” #GivingTuesday was founded in 2012 by New York’s 92nd Street Y in partnership with the United Nations Foundation. Together, with a team of influencers and founding partners, they launched a global movement that has engaged over 10,000 organizations worldwide.
Why should I participate?
- #GivingTuesday is a movement to celebrate and provide incentives to give to charity. It will culminate with a global day of giving on December 2, 2014. This effort harnesses the collective power of a unique blend of partners—charities, families, businesses and individuals—to transform how people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season.
- #GivingTuesday will inspire people to take collaborative action to improve their local communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they celebrate and help create a better world.
- #GivingTuesday will harness the power of social media to create a global moment that is dedicated to giving around the world.
- #GivingTuesday is not a new giving platform, but a call to action to celebrate giving and encourage more, better and smarter giving during the Holiday Season. It’s an organizing principle to encourage the creativity and energy of people all over the world to work together for good.
- Like CRS on Facebook and follow us on twitter
- Download and print the “I Give to CRS” sign.
- Write why you care about CRS on the sign.
- Take a selfie with the sign--or have someone take your picture with the sign on your phone.
- On December 2nd, upload the picture to Facebook and/or twitter using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #IGiveToCRS.
- Tag Community Renewal Society in the photo, so it will appear on our page.
- If you would like a reminder, give us your cell phone number and we will send you a text message on the day.
- Tag your friends and colleagues who you think should be involved with CRS.
- Come to our office on December 2nd to participate in a phone-a-thon.
- Make a donation to CRS.