Our Policy Department works with our congregational leaders and Issue Team members, community coalitions, and elected officials in state and county legislative bodies to develop and pass legislation that advances justice, primarily in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform. The Policy Department also provides training and current political context for our member congregations as they carry out their responsibilities as citizens and persons of faith.
Immediate Action: Oppose Mass Incarceration Legislation
Mar 10, 2017
Illinois senators will soon vote on a bill that would enhance Illinois’ already harsh sentencing policies but not reduce violence. This proposal is a continuation of harmful public policies that studies have shown are ineffective.
$14M to Fund Violence Prevention--Act Now!
Feb 14, 2017
The Chicago City Council is days away from voting on how to spend millions of surplus funds. Low participation in the city’s property tax rebate program has resulted in a surplus of $14 million.
Live the Counter Narrative: Dismantle Racism
Jan 25, 2017
One week ago today, hundreds of us filled St. Mark United Methodist Church to honor the legacy of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and denounce systems of racial injustice. We featured a panel of noted experts, who offered us analysis and action steps for addressing racism.
Become an Advocate
Working with advocates like you, we develop and pass legislation in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform in concert with our amazing faith and FORCE leaders, congregational organizers, and coalitional partners.
The key issues of Community Renewal Society (CRS) that comprise our annual Platform for Renewal are drawn directly from listening to leaders of member congregations and community residents.
- RT @CommsUnited: "My story is one of many & enough is enough! I stand here to say that GAPA will make sure our community voices are… https://t.co/hCFwguVxVp — 4 days 1 hour ago
- We gathered w/community orgs. in press release for GAPA, &the findings in Community Conversations Report. View albu… https://t.co/jit17IZAEp — 4 days 1 hour ago
- RT @ONENorthside: Police need to be a part of the community not an occupying force https://t.co/2Rp7G2J9Ba — 4 days 4 hours ago
- RT @imancentral: IMAN leader Mustafa Hawthorne at GAPA press conference, calling for true accountability for police torture & violen… https://t.co/wO2QPPd4MD — 4 days 4 hours ago
- RT @ANInstitute: "We want community-led reform done right...the first time." @CRSchicago @SoulInChicago @EnlaceChicago @ONENorthside… https://t.co/RYvyd2J1kK — 4 days 4 hours ago
Mon, 04/10/2017 - 10:00 to 12:00
Sat, 04/08/2017 - 13:00 to 16:00
Sat, 04/08/2017 - 11:00 to 14:00
Sat, 04/08/2017 - 10:00
Sat, 04/08/2017 - 10:00 to 12:00