Our Policy Department works with our congregational leaders and Issue Team members, community coalitions, and elected officials in state and county legislative bodies to develop and pass legislation that advances justice, primarily in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform. The Policy Department also provides training and current political context for our member congregations as they carry out their responsibilities as citizens and persons of faith.
Combating Illegal Gun Trafficking Act
May 17, 2018
Act Now to Support the F.A.T.E. Bill
May 17, 2018
The mark of a criminal record is so stigmatizing that the majority of employers will not consider hiring an individual with a record.
Our One Job: Override Gun Dealer Licensing Veto
Mar 23, 2018
After years of trying to license gun dealers in Illinois, the House finally passed SB 1657.
Become an Advocate
Working with advocates like you, we develop and pass legislation in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform in concert with our amazing faith and FORCE leaders, congregational organizers, and coalitional partners.
The key issues of Community Renewal Society (CRS) that comprise our annual Platform for Renewal are drawn directly from listening to leaders of member congregations and community residents.
- https://t.co/jVoA1koPfI — 18 hours 41 min ago
- https://t.co/NDEEZZlC58 — 18 hours 57 min ago
- RT @HeartlandPolicy: TAKE ACTION! Higher ed dramatically reduces recidivism & helps ppl build financially stable futures. File a witness… https://t.co/1e11oPwtx6 — 19 hours 28 min ago
- https://t.co/2Wa9IxPH9G https://t.co/PDP4kLNkUt — 21 hours 46 min ago
- RT @wttw: What happened to students caught up in the 2013 @ChiPubSchools closures? @UChicago study examines the long-term imp… https://t.co/JLSIUx2OLH — 22 hours 8 min ago