Our Policy Department works with our congregational leaders and Issue Team members, community coalitions, and elected officials in state and county legislative bodies to develop and pass legislation that advances justice, primarily in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform. The Policy Department also provides training and current political context for our member congregations as they carry out their responsibilities as citizens and persons of faith.
Bring Justice to Springfield!
Apr 28, 2017
Join us for the Day of Faith at the Capitol on May 9 when we will celebrate and acknowledge the great work of FORCE.
"Ban the Box" in Higher Education
Apr 20, 2017
Quintin Williams shares his research on HB 3142 and calls for support to "Ban the Box" in higher education.
Midterm Springfield Update & Advocacy Training
Apr 6, 2017
Calling all Faith in Action advocates! We are midway through the 2017 spring legislative session and your voice is needed to bring justice to Springfield.
Become an Advocate
Working with advocates like you, we develop and pass legislation in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform in concert with our amazing faith and FORCE leaders, congregational organizers, and coalitional partners.
The key issues of Community Renewal Society (CRS) that comprise our annual Platform for Renewal are drawn directly from listening to leaders of member congregations and community residents.
- IL reps to vote TODAY on a bill that would enhance harsh sentencing policies but NOT reduce violence. Oppose bill>… https://t.co/kc5HxtM1BZ — 11 hours 53 min ago
- RT @RashidaTlaib: Leveraging local power training in Chicago. #ObamaCBA @OpenSociety @SugarLawJustice @CRSchicago https://t.co/V7gwNulOOV — 1 day 7 hours ago
- @ONENorthside @JCUA_News @ACLUofIL @SURJchicago — 3 days 5 hours ago
- Join us for a Coalition for Police Contracts Accountability (CPCA) Teach-In on the North Side! More info>… https://t.co/xq72pdQeDp — 3 days 5 hours ago
- Taylor Business Institute supports #Chi Families &is offering family members #grant-based ed w/o student loan debt.… https://t.co/y4uCWmi57S — 1 week 4 hours ago
Sat, 06/24/2017 - 09:00 to 12:00
Sat, 06/03/2017 - 09:30 to 12:00
Wed, 05/31/2017 - 18:30 to 20:30
Tue, 05/30/2017 - 19:00 to 20:30