Our Policy Department works with our congregational leaders and Issue Team members, community coalitions, and elected officials in state and county legislative bodies to develop and pass legislation that advances justice, primarily in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform. The Policy Department also provides training and current political context for our member congregations as they carry out their responsibilities as citizens and persons of faith.
Commitment to Anti-Racism
Oct 25, 2017
With the implementation of CRS’ new strategic plan, prioritization of anti-racism frameworks and tools is now essential.
Community Development (Housing and Jobs)
Oct 25, 2017
Housing and job opportunities consistently arose as major concerns for members our community. These issues are also of concern for vulnerable populations (youth, formerly incarcerated, communities of color, and immigrant communities). To catalyze this work, we will form an issue team with two delegations: Housing Caucus and Jobs Caucus.
Just Economy for Safe Communities
Oct 25, 2017
Work in coalition to address state budget concerns impacting jobs, housing, violence reduction, justice reform and the gubernatorial race.
Become an Advocate
Working with advocates like you, we develop and pass legislation in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform in concert with our amazing faith and FORCE leaders, congregational organizers, and coalitional partners.
The key issues of Community Renewal Society (CRS) that comprise our annual Platform for Renewal are drawn directly from listening to leaders of member congregations and community residents.
- “I’m a single mom and a social worker. I bring all of me to CRS justice work. I hope you will too.” --@CRSchicago… https://t.co/BJ7JMr6k3x — 10 hours 29 min ago
- “At CRS, we decode racism & poverty & form a faith-rooted action-oriented response,” says @CRSchicago board member… https://t.co/t0fepEMpKM — 3 days 10 hours ago
- CRS joined the call to #EndMoneyBail with over 70 signatories led by the Illinois No Money Bond Coalition urging th… https://t.co/PHVQ9EoHlA — 1 week 2 days ago
- @Rev_Jason, @CRSchicago board member: “When CRS comes together, we have a holy megaphone.” Give to justice on… https://t.co/gAU52oiNY3 — 1 week 3 days ago
- Thank you to all who came together to celebrate Music for the Movement last Saturday. It was a soul-stirring gospel… https://t.co/ouw8Q05tBZ — 1 week 4 days ago