Our Policy Department works with our congregational leaders and Issue Team members, community coalitions, and elected officials in state and county legislative bodies to develop and pass legislation that advances justice, primarily in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform. The Policy Department also provides training and current political context for our member congregations as they carry out their responsibilities as citizens and persons of faith.
Ban the Box for Higher Education
Apr 20, 2017
Quintin Williams shares his research on HB 3142 and calls for support to "Ban the Box" in higher education.
Midterm Springfield Update & Advocacy Training
Apr 6, 2017
Calling all Faith in Action advocates! We are midway through the 2017 spring legislative session and your voice is needed to bring justice to Springfield.
Act now to expand the sealing of records
Mar 27, 2017
Support a bill which would increase employment, housing and educational opportunities for millions of Illinois residents with criminal records.
Become an Advocate
Working with advocates like you, we develop and pass legislation in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform in concert with our amazing faith and FORCE leaders, congregational organizers, and coalitional partners.
The key issues of Community Renewal Society (CRS) that comprise our annual Platform for Renewal are drawn directly from listening to leaders of member congregations and community residents.
- We honor FORCE, an initiative who organizes action plans to provide equal opportunities in housing, education, & jo… https://t.co/19FYccVhOS — 18 hours 44 min ago
- RT @SouthSideWeekly: Today at Metropolitan Community Church @CRSchicago hosts Advocacy Training and a briefing on state legislation. 6:30 https://t.co/TlyvZg3BUN — 4 days 22 hours ago
- Join us in taking action in Chicago Police Accountability! https://t.co/L6YVorYOkT #PoliceAccountability #PoliceMisconduct #CPD — 5 days 16 hours ago
- 3 WEEKS till Day of Faith at the Capitol! Save your spot on the bus now > https://t.co/HPjleZVwC1 #CRSAction17 https://t.co/RFakXyM3l1 — 5 days 22 hours ago
- Wednesday the @thelawproject will host a free Building Community Equity Workshop Series on how TIFS work. RSVP>… https://t.co/EiG9Slm6I4 — 1 week 16 hours ago