Our Policy Department works with our congregational leaders and Issue Team members, community coalitions, and elected officials in state and county legislative bodies to develop and pass legislation that advances justice, primarily in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform. The Policy Department also provides training and current political context for our member congregations as they carry out their responsibilities as citizens and persons of faith.
Gubernatorial Candidate Forum
Feb 7, 2018
We asked the candidates about issues that are most important to our communities and align with CRS’ 2018 Platform for Renewal.
Ensure police accountability in the City of Chicago
Feb 7, 2018
CRS held an accountability session with several aldermen regarding police reforms at our recent Martin Luther King Faith in Action Assembly.
Unanimous YES: Churches Win Supportive Housing in Arlington Heights
Dec 1, 2017
It all started with people in churches listening to each other. And it wasn’t about gossip or chitchat.
Become an Advocate
Working with advocates like you, we develop and pass legislation in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform in concert with our amazing faith and FORCE leaders, congregational organizers, and coalitional partners.
The key issues of Community Renewal Society (CRS) that comprise our annual Platform for Renewal are drawn directly from listening to leaders of member congregations and community residents.
- CPS will be phasing out Englewood high schools instead of closing them down. https://t.co/wkvcRmKk4I — 1 week 13 hours ago
- Join our team! The Chicago Reporter is hiring for Editor in Chief. Qualified candidates will have 15 years of journ… https://t.co/WNOtZUPfDE — 1 week 1 day ago
- The Don Benedict Fund grant application deadline is quickly approaching. The grant will fund innovative pilot proje… https://t.co/JpYYiJAhfr — 1 week 2 days ago
- We are one month away from the Emaroy June Smith grant application deadline on March 16, 2018. Be sure to turn in… https://t.co/2MSqu9xz7h — 1 week 2 days ago
- Tomorrow, February, 14, Govenor Rauner will be giving his annual budget address. CRS will be with @RespBudgetIL ral… https://t.co/AXFz0BGdT0 — 1 week 3 days ago