Our Policy Department works with our congregational leaders and Issue Team members, community coalitions, and elected officials in state and county legislative bodies to develop and pass legislation that advances justice, primarily in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform. The Policy Department also provides training and current political context for our member congregations as they carry out their responsibilities as citizens and persons of faith.
Our One Job: Override Gun Dealer Licensing Veto
Mar 23, 2018
After years of trying to license gun dealers in Illinois, the House finally passed SB 1657.
Chicago Needs Community Oversight of the Police
Mar 22, 2018
On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, CRS stood with community leaders from the Grassroots Alliance for Police Accountability (GAPA), Aldermen from across the city, and other public safety stakeholders, to announce our comprehensive ordinance for The Community Commission for Public Safety and Accountability.
Gubernatorial Candidate Forum
Feb 7, 2018
We asked the candidates about issues that are most important to our communities and align with CRS’ 2018 Platform for Renewal.
Become an Advocate
Working with advocates like you, we develop and pass legislation in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform in concert with our amazing faith and FORCE leaders, congregational organizers, and coalitional partners.
The key issues of Community Renewal Society (CRS) that comprise our annual Platform for Renewal are drawn directly from listening to leaders of member congregations and community residents.
- “The opposite of poverty is not wealth. In too many places, the opposite of poverty is justice.” ― Bryan Stevenson https://t.co/ujp29hxhWA — 14 hours 10 min ago
- https://t.co/j02VrGoczB — 14 hours 15 min ago
- You Can Help End Gun Violence! Now we need our legislators to stand with voters and override the veto of SB 1657. W… https://t.co/ZKQd6syIsv — 14 hours 27 min ago
- Know anyone looking to make a career in Construction? Pass this along! https://t.co/3PIJFFG1Yp — 4 days 16 hours ago
- https://t.co/KnFbSDBRZu — 4 days 16 hours ago