Early this morning, over 500 faith and community leaders boarded ten buses to Springfield to put our faith in action. We will spend the day rallying, praying, and meeting with legislators on our legislative agenda. We will:
- FIGHT against the barriers to employment for people with criminal records.
- OPPOSE devastating budget cuts currently proposed by the governor.
- CALL for revenue to ensure that all Illinois children receive a quality education.
- DEMAND reforms that stop police brutality and make police more accountable to our communities.
You can participate in a virtual Day of Faith at the Capitol. Act NOW! Tell lawmakers to choose to stand up for Illinois families and communities and prevent cuts by choosing new revenue to close the budget hole.
You can also amplify our message and our impact by engaging with us on social media:
- Twitter: Tweet us @crschicago
- Facebook: Like us at facebook.com/communityrenewalsociety
- Instagram: Follow us @crschicago
- Use the hashtags: #CRSDayofFaith #chooserevenue #nocuts
Together, whether on the ground in Springfield or taking action via email and social media, we will send a clear message to our elected officials that they must choose the side of justice and act on behalf of our communities.