- WTTW / American Graduate video on what makes a great teacher in the eyes of youth and others.
- Perspectives from three Chicago educators.
- Elaine Allensworth, Director, Consortium on Chicago School Research
- Sarah Slavin, Director, Chicago New Teacher Center
- Donnell White, Golden Apple Math Teacher, Oscar DePriest Elementary School
- A Linda Lenz interview with keynoter Susan Moore Johnson, a professor at the Harvard Graduate School of Education who studies, teaches, and consults about teacher policy, organizational change, and administrative practice.
- Questions from the audience.
About the keynote
A former high school teacher and administrator, Johnson also directs the Project on the Next Generation of Teachers, which examines how best to recruit, develop and retain a strong teaching force. Her studies have included the effects of collective bargaining on schools, the priorities of local teacher union leaders, teacher evaluation and the use of incentive pay plans for teachers.
Doors open at 5:45. Program runs from 6 to 7:30 p.m. The event is free but advance registration is requested. Register below.
Event LocationHarold Washington Library Center
Cindy Pritzker Auditorium, 400 S State