The Chicago Reporter is a nonprofit investigative news organization that focuses on race, poverty and income inequality. The Reporter was founded by civil rights activist John McDermott in 1972 to measure the city's progress toward racial equality. Read new content daily, chicagoreporter.com.
- Subscribe to the Chicago Reporter.
- Monitor Chicago's Police Reforms with The Reporter’s interactive tracker.
- Explore the database of police misconduct lawsuits, Settling for Misconduct.
- Track what happened to the closed school in your neighborhood.
- Search the Archive. You can now search the full text of everything we’ve ever published, going all the way back to 1972.
- Donate to support journalism that confronts race, poverty, and income inequality.