While this past year has held plenty of disappointment and despair for many of us, we must remember to celebrate what we as Community Renewal Society have accomplished together in the fight for justice on behalf of God’s people. Because of your partnership:
- We have seen the passage of four state laws to improve employment opportunities for people with records.
- We have seen long-standing Cook County Jail buildings scheduled for demolition as the jail’s inmate population continues to fall.
- We have seen initial steps toward police accountability in the City of Chicago, making even more critical the need for community oversight and reform power.
For nearly 135 years, Community Renewal Society has pursued justice on behalf of God’s people. With your help, this work will continue in 2017 as we advance our Platform for Renewal dedicated to violence reduction, police accountability, and restoring rights and opportunities for people with records. I urge you to take two steps right now to strengthen the voice of Community Renewal Society in the year to come:
- Make a year-end donation to support our community organizing, policy and advocacy, and investigative reporting.
- Register for our Martin Luther King Faith in Action Assembly on January 16.
Let us continue to fight for racial and economic justice now and in the year to come.