The Republican and Democratic conventions are over, and it’s going to be November 6th before we know it. This is a big election, not only because you will vote to determine our next president, but because all of Illinois’ state legislators are up for re-election due to redistricting. You will vote for your federal representative as well. We want to make sure that everyone in Illinois is registered and ready to vote!
Here are some important dates and useful links:
- If you are already registered, find your polling place at the State Board of Elections.
- Or, take part in early voting, it runs from October 22nd through November 3rd at the following locations
- If you’re not yet registered to vote, there’s still time. Any Illinois resident can register up until October 9th. Download the application It’s easy to fill-out and mail in.
If you’re interested in following the debates, there are four dates to be aware of:
- October 3rd – presidential candidates debate with a focus on domestic policy
- October 11th – vice-presidential candidates debate (foreign and domestic policy)
- October 16th – presidential candidates debate in a town hall meeting format
- October 22nd – presidential candidates debate with a focus on foreign policy
Before and after the election, you can track your legislators at the following sites:
The officials we elect on November 6th will represent us at the state and national level. Take part in the political process by registering vote, staying informed on the candidate’s positions, and getting out the vote!