Our Policy Department works with our congregational leaders and Issue Team members, community coalitions, and elected officials in state and county legislative bodies to develop and pass legislation that advances justice, primarily in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform. The Policy Department also provides training and current political context for our member congregations as they carry out their responsibilities as citizens and persons of faith.
Demand Chicago Police Reform Now
Aug 14, 2018
The public has until this Friday to call for Chicago Police reforms! Comment period ends August 17.
HB 5341—F.A.T.E. Bill—is now law!
Aug 13, 2018
The legislation clarifies that outstanding legal financial obligations cannot be considered when reviewing a sealing petition.
Removing Invisible Obstacles in the Pathway of Re-Entry
Jul 19, 2018
HB 5341 will prohibit outstanding legal financial obligations from being considered when a person files to have their record sealed.
Working with advocates like you, we develop and pass legislation in the areas of economic justice, criminal justice, and tax reform in concert with our amazing faith and FORCE leaders, congregational organizers, and coalitional partners.
The key issues of Community Renewal Society (CRS) that comprise our annual Platform for Renewal are drawn directly from listening to leaders of member congregations and community residents.
- https://t.co/V54z9GFWvo — 2 days 9 hours ago
- https://t.co/IRSUB1dKdR — 2 days 9 hours ago
- https://t.co/xMXjHCE05u — 5 days 9 hours ago
- RT @ChiBondFund: Help us #EndMoneyBail in Cook County! More than 2,500 people are incarcerated in Cook County Jail simply because th… https://t.co/2gWbCf2tU8 — 6 days 4 hours ago
- Join Dr. Donovan Price on Moody Radio 90.1FM today at 12:00 pm with host Chris Brooks to discuss gun violence and s… https://t.co/inG7mJ0VtI — 6 days 9 hours ago